15 companies shaping tomorrow's world today, winners of the 7th Blue Ocean Awards
15 winning companies for their Blue Ocean Strategy at the Blue Ocean Awards, Tuesday, May 11, 2021 live and simultaneously from HEC Paris, Bordeaux Technowest, EFAB Lyon and the French Embassy in South Africa in Pretoria
Blue Ocean Strategy: value-based innovation with high impact through inclusion
The Blue Ocean Awards recognise companies that have successfully implemented a Blue Ocean Strategy, a concept created by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne, who introduced the ceremony in video. In their worldwide bestseller, the two INSEAD professors explain how any company can break away from its competition by creating a new market for itself, by offering a new value, directly inspired by the experience of excluded people ("non-customers"). This exceptional day on Tuesday 11 May 2021 was broadcast live over 10 hours simultaneously from HEC Paris, Bordeaux Technowest, the EFAB in Lyon and the French Embassy in South Africa in Pretoria. The common point of all the winners was to demonstrate how inclusion can be a source of innovation with impact in its entrepreneurial development and in building a new world of justice and solidarity. During the closing ceremony, Cécile Bassot, vice-president of Femmes Business Angels, called on all women to dare to undertake and take ownership of the blue oceans.
Winners funded within 3 years
In previous editions, the winners have experienced a strong acceleration in less than 6 months: "Over 7 years, 91% of Blue Ocean Awards winners have been financed within 6 months. In the 3 years following their victory, the winners' valuations increased on average tenfold and up to 40 times. "says Alban Eral, founder of the Blue Ocean Awards.
The winners of the1st Michelin International Mobility Award, at HEC Paris on 11 May 2021
Thisfirst edition of the Michelin International Mobility Award honoured companies with strong potential for developing innovative services to make mobility safer, more efficient, more environmentally friendly and more accessible.
- Blue Ocean Award Mobility Michelin - MENTOR* : SUN MOBILITY - faster, cheaper and more convenient electric vehicle fleet management. Trophy presented by Lorraine FREGA (Business Director - Distribution, Services and Solutions, Strategy, Innovation and Partnerships - Member of the Michelin Group Executive Committee) to Chetan MAINI (Co-founder & Chairman of SUN Mobility)
- Blue Ocean Award Mobility Michelin - BABY** : TARMAC TECHNOLOGIES - eliminating air delays through operational efficiency on the ground. Awarded by Lorraine FREGA (Business Director - Distribution, Services and Solutions, Strategy, Innovation and Partnerships - Member of the Michelin Group Executive Committee) to Anthoine DUSSELIER (Co-founder of Tarmac Technologies)
The winners of the 7th national edition, at HEC Paris on 11 May 2021
The 7th national edition of the Blue Ocean Awards was held at HEC Paris (academic setting), with the support of Michelin (major player in sustainable and connected mobility), INPI (National Institute of Industrial Property), Spinfi (corporate innovation expert), B1Partners (specialist in organisational transformation), EngageX (impact accelerator for startups) and Forbes France.
- Blue Ocean Award MENTOR*: UNSEENLABS - protecting the oceans by geolocating all the world's ships from space. Awarded by Hélène CAMPOURCY (President of Pink Innov' & Umantex) & Benjamin LEVRARD (Open Innovation manager / Connected Mobility Services at Michelin) to Clément GALIC (Cofounder & CEO of Unseenlabs) & Cannelle GAUCHER (Communications Manager of Unseenlabs)
- Blue Ocean Award BABY** : GIFTS FOR CHANGE - engage in an eco-responsible philanthropic approach through theobject. Trophy presented by Caroline LEMOINE (General Delegate of the association La HandiTech) & Julien LE CORRE (Co-founder and Managing Director of the agency .YZ) to Alexis KRYCEVE (Founder and CEO of Gifts for Change)
- Blue Ocean Award SOCIETAL*** : R-PUR - I play sport totally protected from viruses & pollution by my mask. Trophy presented by Martine CLEMENTE (Director of Economic Action at INPI) & Stéphane ALIX (Co-founder & CEO of Spinfi) to Flavien HELLO (CEO & Co-founder of R-PUR) and Julie MANIZAN (International Whosale Manager of R-PUR)
- Blue Ocean Award HACKATHON***** : JAMBLE - Making savings becomes social. Trophy presented by Stéphane MADOEUF (Professor & Director of the Digital Major at HEC Paris), Frédéric KREBS (Operating Partner of Newfund) and Olivier MATHIOT (Non-executive Chairman of thecamp, General Manager of the 2050 Fund and Co-founder of PriceMinister) to Louis de Jenlis (CMO of Jamble), Aymar Dumoulins (COO of Jamble), Jérémy Gozlan (CTO of Jamble)
The winners of the 2nd edition Nouvelle-Aquitaine, in Bordeaux Technowest, on 11 May 2021
This 2nd edition Nouvelle-Aquitaine was organised with the support of the region Nouvelle-Aquitaine, Bordeaux Technowest (Technopole for startups) and the INPI.
- Blue Ocean Award - MENTOR* category: YESCAPA -the rental or sale of a second-hand vehicle in P2P is finally secure. Trophy presented by Alain SOUCHARD (INPI Regional Delegate) to Benoît PANEL (President and Co-founder of YESCAPA)
- Blue Ocean Award - BABY** category: TRANSECO2 - a refinery at the foot of its tank to control, optimise and mark its diesel. Trophy presented by Camille SYREN (Founder and Managing Director of B.Y.Angels) to Davy CHOUMILLE (President and Co-founder of TRANSECO2) and Hervé LAFOURCADE (CEO and Co-founder of TRANSECO2)
- Blue Ocean Award - category SOCIETAL*** : PROTIFLY - ecological and economical proteins for the food industry thanks to a circular model of organic residues valorisation. Trophy presented by Karine REGAUD (Head of Technowest Libourne - FoodTech and Winetech) to Bastien QUINNEZ (Managing Director of PROTIFLY)
The winners of the1st edition Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, at the EFAB in Lyon on 11 May 2021
This1st edition Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes was supported by Michelin, HUB612 (VC accelerator for Fintech, Insurtech & B2B Services), France Barter (the BtoB exchange network, twice finalist), the CJD Lyon and Rhône-Alpes (responsible and committed leaders), the EFAB (real estate school) and the INPI.
- Blue Ocean Award - MENTOR* category: GENAE -the pleasure of physical activity for all, from the age of 2, coached and paid by the hour. Trophy presented by Alexandre PERGA (President of CJD Lyon Métropole) and Victor GERVASONI (Dean Sciences-U Lyon - Eductive Toulouse - Eductive Lyon Dean EFAB) to Anthony BARQUISSEAU (Chief WHY OPTIMIST of Genae)
- Blue Ocean Award - BABY** category: YUPWEGO - be really protected from 1€/day, with Yupwego: the 100% flexible insurance for travellers! Trophy presented by Arthur BARD (CEO of France Barter) to Gilles SAUBIN (Founder, CSO and CPO of YUPWEGO)
- Blue Ocean Award - category SOCIETAL*** : BIOMEDE - natural depollution & immediate soil diagnosis. Awarded by Grégoire HEUGEL (Intrapreneurial Data Programs Leader, Connected Mobility Services at Michelin) to Manon PONCATO (Biomede Urban Agriculture Project Manager)
- Blue Ocean Award - category LEGEND**** : TILKEE - my automated commercial processes, from the first contact to the signature of the contract. Trophy presented by Guillaume BRUNEL (INPI IP Officer) and Sylvain BRISSOT (Deputy Director of the HUB612 accelerator of the Caisse d'Epargne Rhône Alpes) to Timothée SAUMET (CEO & Cofounder of Tilkee)
The winners of the1st South African edition, at the French Embassy in Pretoria, on 11 May 2021
The1st South African edition was chaired by Emmanuel SUQUET, First Counsellor, representing the French Ambassador to South Africa, and made possible thanks to Veolia South Africa (a player in sustainable ecological transformation), in partnership with MEDEF International.
- Blue Ocean Award - South African Founders category: METSI A TENG - Water purification through waste recovery. Awarded by His Worship Randall WILLIAMS (Executive Mayor of the City of Tshwane), Emmanuel SUQUET (First Counsellor to the French Ambassador to South Africa), Daan DU TOIT (Deputy Director General for International Cooperation and Resources, South African Department of Science and Innovation), Professor Puleng LENKABULA (Principal and Vice-Chancellor, University of South Africa), Dr Vathiswa PAPU-ZAMXAKA (Deputy Vice Chancellor - Research, Tshwane University of Technology) and Stanley STEENKAMP (CEO Veolia South Africa) to Pinky MOKWENA (Founder of Metsi a teng)
- Blue Ocean Award - French Founders category: SHOPIT - Develop your sales in informal markets. Awarded by His Worship Randall WILLIAMS (Executive Mayor of the City of Tshwane), Emmanuel SUQUET (First Counsellor to the French Ambassador to South Africa), Daan DU TOIT (Deputy Director General for International Cooperation and Resources, Department of Science and Innovation), Professor Puleng LENKABULA (Principal and Vice-Chancellor, University of South Africa), Dr. Vathiswa PAPU-ZAMXAKA (Deputy Vice Chancellor - Research, Tshwane University of Technology) and Stanley STEENKAMP (CEO Veolia South Africa) to Arnaud BLANCHET (CEO Shopit)
Photos of the 4 editions
- National edition: https: //photos.app.goo.gl/j4hnNPxG8nG8VFiR8
- Edition Nouvelle-Aquitaine : https://photos.app.goo.gl/4gaMMtzu9hwfLox66
- Edition Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes : https://photos.app.goo.gl/z372XG1a2NBAnXPv9
- South African edition: https: //photos.app.goo.gl/kM2brM1ntCLQYyuD8
- I want to interview the winners
- I would like to access the videos of the national edition, at HEC Paris
- I would like to access the videos of the edition Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, at the EFAB in Lyon
- I would like to access the videos of the edition Nouvelle-Aquitaine, at Bordeaux Technowest
- I would like to access the videos of the South African edition, at the French Embassy in South Africa
Bertrand ESPITALIER - Director of Communications for the Blue Ocean Awards
M. +336 61 78 12 52, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Blue Ocean Awards
The Blue Ocean Awards were created in 2014 by Alban Eral, with HEC Paris and the Ministry of Economy, Finance and Recovery. The Blue Ocean Awards are the only event in the world that rewards companies that have followed a strategy known as the Blue Ocean Strategy , which aims to create a new market for themselves at a distance from the competition.
"It is an honor to be awarded the Michelin International Mobility Award at the Blue Ocean Awards! SUN Mobility is driven by a passion for innovation in the service of safe and affordable solutions to move towards electric mobility. We are delighted to have the opportunity to collaborate with Michelin to accelerate the delivery of sustainable mobility services on a large scale," said Chetan Maini, Co-Founder & Chairman of SUN Mobility.
"We are honored to receive this prestigious award, which recognizes our efforts in optimizing and re-engineering airline operations. We look forward to working with Michelin, a global leader in mobility, to continue to transform and reinvent air travel. Finally, we would like to thank the organizers and jury of this international competition for making it an enriching experience and helping us refine our strategic approach," said Anthoine Dusselier, Co-founder of Tarmac Technologies.
Thanks to this prize, both start-ups will benefit from access to development programmes and support from Michelin's mobility experts.
"As a leader in the mobility sector, Michelin's ambition is to constantly improve its customers' mobility experience in a sustainable and innovative way. The Michelin Mobility Award at the Blue Ocean Awards is a great opportunity for the Group to be in close contact with French and international companies that are innovating in connected mobility services and to reward them. This is in line with the Group's open innovation approach and its commitment to being a data-driven company and a major player in connected mobility," said Lorraine Frega, Director of Business Distribution, Services and Solutions, Strategy, Innovation and Partnerships - Member of the Michelin Group Executive Committee.
"The whole R-PUR team is very proud to win this Blue Ocean Award, our mission is simple: to protect humans from urban air pollution, but also to inform, educate and act for a healthy air in the future!", says Flavien HELLO CEO of R-PUR
"Genae and all of its teammates are very proud of the recognition of experts in their quest to make the pleasure and benefits of sport accessible to as many people as possible. The constant search for elements of differentiation that bring real added value to the greatest number is an exciting adventure. This jury prize is particularly meaningful for a company that has been closed for 10 months but has been able to pursue its raison d'être and its exploration of the blue ocean. Anthony Barquisseau, CEO of Genae
"Social and environmental commitment offers a thousand and one opportunities to open up new strategic spaces in saturated, ultra-competitive markets. Faced with the multiple crises we are going through, I dream that entrepreneurs seize these opportunities for the benefit of a sustainable and inclusive economy. It is a pride for the entire Gifts for Change team to be rewarded by the Blue Ocean Awards, a must-attend award for innovation and strategy." Alexis Krycève, CEO of Gifts for Change
"At a time when 35% of French people say they are interested in renting a van or motorhome, Yescapa is developing its service offer with occasions.yescapa.fr to also secure the purchase or sale of these vehicles. Receiving this award from the Blue Ocean Awards is an honour and an encouragement to redouble our efforts in this considerable market as 1300 vehicles have already been sold on the site in 2020 within the community." Benoit Panel, CEO of Yescapa
"YUPWEGO has its place in the Blue Ocean Awards as, before the COVID, 32% of our clients were already absolute non-consumers of travel insurance. "Gilles SAUBIN, Founder and CSO of YUPWEGO